Monday, February 20, 2012

Myco Drawing


Clay Pendants in Progress
I’ve been working with ceramics lately, learning what I can on my own.  I want to create something new for my Etsy site that is inspiring, and unique.  So I formed a handful of clay shapes and bisque fired them.  Over the past few days I’ve been drawing on these forms with a ceramic under-glaze pencil.  Much of my inspiration comes from nature.  These drawings are of microscopic slime molds, lichen, and fungi.  I love the forms, beautiful, abstract, and 100% non-fiction!  I’m very happy with how they look.  My next step is to coat them with a clear glaze and fire them again.  If they look good I might make more, next time focusing on ocean fauna and flora.  Stayed tuned!

Lichen
Slime Mold
Slime Mold


No comments:

Post a Comment